Monday 23 July 2012

Porto Romano

Perhaps I 'm a bit old-fashioned, I like quiet place, enjoy companies, talks and laughs. I chose Porto Romano.  It attached to one of the residences in Mon't Kiara. I discover this place after moved into my new house. You might missed it when you passby as it's a small shop next to Wendy's but the regulars know where to find good food:).

So it has become one of my regular restaurants for dinning. Wait, I couldn't afford to dine here regularly but it's definitely first choice when comes to Birthday Celebration, dinning, and ...dating (Grins).  

My friend happen to be one of the "founders", so I'm lucky to get to listen the story beneath this great place. The cozy and warmth interior make you at feel home. A series of fine Oil Painting captured the beautiful sceneries from a country namely Republic of Armenia.

"These were painted by the wife's father, it illustrates scenes where she lived. Perhaps something to fill her yearning for home". Said Chris.
As you look around, you will be attracted by the collection of vintage posters (which is what I like most) populated everywhere in the restaurant.  Gentle embience and friendly gestures make you feel at ease as you walked into the restaurant. I particular like to walk up the stairs as you see arrays of vintage posters and variety of sea shell in sizes and shapes pinned against the wall. Will upload more pictures in due time.

Ever wonder what Porto Romano means? Flashed back to 13th century when Marco Polo imported noodles recipe from China, a man who was one of the pioneer explorer to the world. Port Rome became the transit point for many travellers to Europe and other continents. Variety recipes were shared around the region which enriched Port Rome to be the "hub" of good recipes. The restaurant was then named as Porto Romano. Beautiful name. Beautiful history. 

Today, Porto Romano brings the rich, variety unique Europe recipes which you might missed elsewhere. There were mixtures of cuisine from Portuguese, Spanish, Italy and perhaps some Armenia etc. Scrumptious!! 



If you opt for a glass or two, the mini bar served the purpose. You can have a glimpse of the vintage posters depicted below, that passion of the man who run this restaurant. Look out from the window, you'll see few tables displayed for those who love sun and fresh air. I like enjoy a few beers when the weather is breezy and chilling. 

Oh, I haven't shared what do I see up the stairs, have I? There is lot more to shows when I get to snap a few pictures. 



                              



3 comments:

  1. Looks like a tasty restaurant. Impressive menu and ambience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's quite a happening place, should pay visit there

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, think I will. I want to try their seafood Paella and Tiramisu.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...