Saturday 11 May 2013

Racism



After the GE-13, I asked a few a few friends if they would like to join the Rally, but the reply were rather disappointing. They either don't feel like taking extra mile to achieve their mission or they simply got freightened by the wide spread of warning "13 May"...

To be honest, I do thought of backing off. But that happened only at a second and I decided I should be doing what I feel right, I shouldn't be influenced by people who doesn't share the same sentiment.

Later my mom told me " I am warning you not to attend the Rally, there is a warning that 13 May may happened again, not withstanding you have a daughter to look after."  Before even I told her anything, she definitely knows her daughter well.

Well, yes 13 May was indeed horrifying, as though a massacre of chinese ethnic. It happened back in 13 May, 1969, few days after a General Election.   I didn't know how bad it was, but I know it was a deterence for Chinese to go against the government which largely ruled by Malay cronies thereafter. The new Malaysia NEP shows great advantage towards Malay community in terms of Education, Business, Benefits etc, it was an unfair rulling but for the sake of next generation, the Chinese forced to give in under this silent threat.

I am not going to dwell into that dark side of Malaysia, but what I want to tell is that, from that very moment onwards, a race gap living in between the two ethnics, Chinese  - Malay. Since young my mom told me the 13 May story, although we are the lucky generation without have to go through the frights from the riot, but the message was deeply rooted.  Well having said that, I do have some Malay friends, I personally find, most Malay are quite easy-going, friendly and not aggressive and I believe having living as a Malaysian, we do wanted to be friended without race constraints. We go against each other unconsciously or unintentionally just to ease our parents at home.

Where am I trying to reach from the story of riot? I just want to share the 13 May is no longer haunting us but we step forward to welcome each other.

Yes, I bear that 13 May incident in mind but I still proceed with my mission - Protest the fraudulent Electoral. As the traffic was horrified, we park our car 5 KM away from the stadium. Along the road, there are supporters from Malay, Indian and Chinese, but we don't stare like what we used to or what I expected to be - commotions, but we smiled at each other because in our heart we feel warmth as we are serving the same mission. But what I didn't know was there are so many Malays have taken initiatives to welcome the Chinese!

Those initiatives inspired me greatly! Touched my heart with these simple messages. Later I also heard few other stories whereby, Malay rendered helping hand to a supporter who stranded middle of the road with a simple reply "we are Malaysian mah...". In the stadium, all races work together to help ease the traffic, taking care of those who are weak, protect those who fainted in the scene from being the lime light the next day.

Well on the other hand, my friend asked me, are these true stories or made up? are these paid campaign? Well, perhaps some are, but the reality shows that, the opposition has won the heart of the nation, lot of Malay communities doesn't benefits from those NEP which declared by the government, they are as poor and if these initiative isn't true, why the smiles from  their face are so genuine?

Thanks to BN, thanks to UMNO, because of YOU, people has a platform to step forward to unite as one, and now we realised how much we have love for each other and how much we wish to be ONE MALAYSIA and this is the TRUE ONE MALAYSIA we talk about, without bribery.

Special thanks to people who shared the pictures and the one who show your care.



Photo: We all are Malaysian. No more Malay, Indian and Chinese. Give a LIKE to our friends.
M-Crime
 
                   "Chinese are my friends, we don't racist" 


 Photo: Hello Malaysia. Today, we went out to the streets to share our muhibah spirit. It was awesome. Lots of support. Malaysians are memang best!!
                   "We don't fight, we are friends"
 
Photo
 
"Those Supported DAP (Chinese oriented party) not only Chinese!"
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...