Saturday 14 January 2012

New Year Resolution - Low Car Maintenance

I'm a determine person, provided with a strong reason. Since I needed to save money for a trip to Japang with the little one, I start scrutinizing in everywhere of my expenses to trim. To maintain a clean looking car you send to wash on weekly basis which cost min. 28 bucks a month. It isn't a significant amount but this is what I learnt from the rich - every cents count. Car wash is something I find it's within my copa-ble chores, so I decided to wash car by my own. Ok lah, my car wash isn't that elaborate...wish hopefully there are offer to help...lazy "blackie" (since a white to be called "blonde" I call an Asian "Black") wishing to save money yet lazy to put your hands on. What the heck!


My car wash is just typical washing with torn T'shirt and short pants, together with my little one. She offered to help:) Well, she'll offer to help in whatever I do. She loves spending time with me, in fact she finds me cool:)

 Anyways it isn't anything special, just soap & rinse but it took us a incredibly long hours to rinse and multiple time to wipe, before completing the entire car wash process. Holy shit. Then I recalled by paying the 7 bucks, you get 2-3 man power washing your car and they have all the necessary equipment and detergent to expedite which incurred only approx 30 mins in the whole process. Well fine. I still won't give up washing car my own anyways.


Well, I have this tendency - if I faced any challenges, I will take my time to resolve it which means at the mean time things will be status quo - means my car not being washed for weeks!! Well well well. I know it's friggin awful looking to drive the greyish looking car (which suppose to be hawk black) especially the driver is not a bad looking woman. WTF.

Until I went to Daiso one day and I come across the so call duster in dark pinkish color which catches my attention. I decided to brought it home with intention to clean my house instead. The color is nice, nice to see and thus motivates me to de-dust the house. So how does it associate to thick dusted car? here it comes.

After few times of de-dusted, I find it just too useful to just dust the TV bench. I look at the duster something cross my mind!!! Hey, isn't my car dusty as well? Make use of it!!
Amazingly it works!! I dedusted my car without have to wash it and yet it look clean! So now I save money, I save my hands in exposing to chemical detergent, I save time!!

However and whatsoever, the min effort to achive those is, you need to spend 15 mins regulary or at least weekly to dedust in order to maintain your car like a "highly maintained" one!! Yah, the outlook does take into account of financial ability to maintain it. ok

Update:

A reader asking me what duster to use? It supposed to be able to 'absorb' the dust then flying around like the feather made duster, however it doesn't really function as that. Nevertheless this is the pretty pink duster I use for de-dusting my car. It comes with a anti-slip guarder^^. Happy de-dusting ^^






2 comments:

  1. Daiso?? What duster is that?? Mind share the pic???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have uploaded some pic, It comes with a anti-slip guarder for easy de-dusting ^^

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...