Saturday 7 April 2012

Citrus Fruits Squeezer




Remember I bought a Citrus Fruit squeezer few months ago, it enables orange juice in my daily diet. The squeezer does a fairly good job and I seriously find it very convenient to clean and easy to use. What an economical yet functional utensil, in Cantonese we describe it as ' 平, 靓, 正, means 'cheap, good and practical', so I have been making my favourite orange juice in every morning. It practically took only 5 mins in the whole process from cutting (it isn't really CUT CUT, as I just cut it into two), squeezing, drinking and washing.

I'm quite thankful to Daiso for selling this useful item to fulfil my juice desire. To be able to enjoy fresh juice every day, I made a trip again to Daiso, Pavilion just to get another squeezer for my home consumption (I'm very forgetful to bring back the squeezer from office and bring it back to office again), but, be careful when you choose a squeezer.

I got my second squeezer look like this as per image below, I couldn't find the one I got before as it was discontinued. It's 2-in-1 squeezer meant for two sizes oranges, wow, good deal right? As you open the orange top which meant for big orange, you'll find the smaller tip squeezer which meant for smaller size orange. So I went back home and try on it, the outcome was hell for me:



1. It has just too many wings, cleaning would be utmost troublesome.
2. The big orange squeezer (the orange in colour) has round tip, see? It isn't conducive to squeeze the juice out... fully, a big patch of pulps stay at the tip of the orange. I got myself strenuous resulted from squeezing hard.


"You can use the small tip mah", Yes that's what I thought, however imagine a big car fixed in super small wheels, you'll find it difficult to move right? So that was the problem.
3. As I mentioned earlier, to derive the supplement from orange effectively, you need not only the juices but also the pulps, so I tend to push the residual pulps down which stayed at the wings. Imagine how many wings I need to push down? hmm..I supposed I could flush it with water but again it will dilute the taste of orange.


4. Nevertheless, I haven't try small orange on the small tip though. You can try it on small orange if it's working.

I was bit daunted with the additional effort made all the way to Daiso to get a squeezer and found it unpractical. Nevertheless, I'm a determine person remember? I made a trip to Daiso, The Curve this time, guess what? They do carry the same squeezer I wanted as depicted above and there is one left on the shelve!! As you can see less wings and wings go all the up to the tip.


 
'Wahhh..you're so lucky o(n_n)o", you must be thinking.

BUT NO!!! This wasn't the case. I got a broken Squeezer home!!! It can be used for the time being but not sure how long it could last.


What happen? See my Next Post... ^^




P/S: I lost 3kg after few months having orange juice as my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...