Sunday 15 April 2012

Unconditional Love

We went for a simulation of a jogging route after dinner around the neck of the woods. I told her I'm going for a training tomorrow morning.

"Why do you have to go running in the morning?" She doesn't like the idea of me running on the road.

"I'm participating marathon, darling". I said, trying to paint her a picture that I've an objective by doing this.

"So how far is this run will be?"

"hmm..About 4km".

"4km? So if you run back and forth, it will be 8km!!". "Yes", I said. She did enlighten me to buffer my stamina to run back! She's more deliberate than her mother. Dumb mommy==.

"You'll be thirsty!!". "I will bring my water bottle, darling"

" But you will be too tired to run back home!!" She seriously don't like the idea of me going for an outdoor run! haha.

After a while, she knew there is no way of stopping me from going for this jog, She use another tactic.

"I don't want, you'll lose weight", She said anxiously. "I want the 'fat fat' you", she said, again. She definitely worries about my safety than my weight. So cute ><

"I won't lose weight, you see my fats are still here."

"Can you get your friend to accompany you instead?", " Again, morning will be quiet", she almost cry already.

"I won't go that early, I'll make sure people starts running at that hour too." I do want her to have peace of mind and agreed upon my goal.



I can see her little mind were processing my words, for a while she didn't ask anything anymore. As we cruise passed the traffic lights.


"Make sure you don't cross the road when the light is green", She rolling her eyes and said.

 
"What time will you be going and coming back?", she asked again.

She does nagged like my mom!haha. She's so sweets.

"I will be back around 9.30?", I tried to answer every queries she had as I always do.

How do you reassure your child when you need to be away, somehow they are afraid of losing you, especially you are their the only dependence.

1. Talked to them just like a friend of yours. Show that you care about them by relating to your activity.
2. Show them you've a plan for this activity. Reassure you've a safety measure.
3. Explicit time they could expect you to come home. Allow them to manage their time.
4. Kept your promise, always. It will easier to manage their expection in the future.
5. Reassure you'll be home. Tell them how much you love them.

As child of single parent, she knew she can only depend on a parent and you can't possbily picture how strong the bonding is, especially girl. I do believe you'll received much as you give. I understand her loves to me is unconditional, too. 

I love you darling, always.













No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...